- normal article
- recommended read
- important info
TrustSg and Business Trust Seals
At VUOX, we are committed in building mutual trust with our clients by being responsible and accountable for the services we provide.
The TrustSG is an initiative by the National Trust Council (NTC) which was formed in March 2001 to ensure that relevant concerns from industry are addressed. The council is industry led with support from Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA). Mr Yeo Cheow Tong, then Minister for Communications and Information Technology officially announced the formation of the National Trust Council on 7 Mar 2001.
The mission of the National Trust Council is to build confidence amongst businesses and consumers so as to spur e-Commerce growth in Singapore.
- Promote adoption of TrustSg programme among businesses and the government.
- Educate Consumer and business users on security best practices for online transactions and heighten awareness and appreciation of trustmarks.
- Promote adoption of Risk Management Framework to reduce fraud in e-commerce transactions with B2C merchants.
- Facilitate cross border recognition of trustmarks and internationalize TrustSg through fora such as the Asia Trustmark Alliance to position Singapore as a thought leader.
- Identify and recommend policy changes in relevant areas to promote online security and best practices to build confidence among businesses and consumers.
[ back ]